Despite a very cold winter, I am happy to report that 2013 was a great year for our beautiful island! The local business community is enjoying yet another year of record sales as more and more people discover our beautiful Gulf Coast.
- Meyer Real Estate and other management companies reporting 10% + growth in rental income for the 3rd year in a row
- REMAX Sales increased 40% in 2013
- Average buyer spending $350,000 vs $250,000 in 2012
- Average property appreciation was 3% vs 2.6% in 2012 – Some developments are seeing much higher appreciation
- New Construction is popping up all over the Island in the form of Single Family Beach Homes, Condo Developments, Restaurants and Shops
- Record Sales to Permanent Residents 30% Increase!
- JUNONIA - New Luxury Condo Development in Orange Beach announces pre-construction pricing starting at $575,000 - 50% SOLD OUT!!!
Great New Restaurants
Many NEW upscale restaurants have opened in the community – I highly recommend you check these out next time you visit; just to name a few:
- Toby Keith’s Bar and Grill
- The Wharf
- Louisiana Pantry – The Wharf
- Cayman Grill – Canal Road, (Owner Larry Wireman of Caribe and Turquoisefame)
- First Class All the Way!!!
- Southern Grind Coffee House – Super Place! The Wharf
If you are thinking of selling or buying please give me a call. We value your friendship and look forward to another opportunity to provide you excellent service and honest, accurate information. If you have friends or family that are considering a real estate investment – tell them this is the year!
Our beautiful beaches continue to attract new visitors each year. Prices continue to go up and interest rates are predicted to reach 5% (+) this year. Typically a slight hike in the interest rate will help increase sales as “fence sitters” will finally see the economy is improving and change is coming! Come on, 5% is still a really good rate…….
We Sincerely Wish You and Your Family a Very Happy and Healthy New Year with Lots of Sand Between Your Toes!!!
Please contact Lorraine Gatti at 251-233-9790 for more information about real estate in Orange Beach, Gulf Shores and the surrounding Gulf Coast area.